Monday, January 01, 2007

Tomorrow and Tomorrow

Tomorrow is almost here.  Why do I care?  I have to go back to writing my novel. I both dread and look forward to it.  I know what’s waiting for me, of course.  I have to get these people moving.  They have to make plans. Get schemes in place. Strategize.

They’ve put things off for too long.  All the duos or trios are made up of the right people.  Now I need to see some action.  Talk, talk, talk. They have to take matters into their own hands and get that money.  At least go after it.

This will start the second year (with lots of breaks) on this book.  And it’s only halfway done and is a first draft.  If I’m ever going to get it finished I can’t take so many vacations.  From now until about June I have to keep going.  Stick to my schedule.  I’ll still take Fridays off if there’s a good movie around.  But that’s it.  By June I’d like to have it done.  Final version.

Okay.  Tomorrow.  Barring acts of God I’m going to hit those keys. For sure.  

Tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eager readers to be hang upon your progress ... seriously, there can be few things more enticing than following a favourite writer through the process of creating a new novel. If I could pre-order it now, I would!

Sandra Scoppettone said...

Thanks, Kay. Who knows if you'll ever be able to order it. But I'll push on.

Warrior Knitter said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog about "This Dame for Hire." It took me a bit to figure out why your name was so familiar. I was thinking in a blogs-I've-visited context not books!

Yes, I am enjoying the read. I like the hard-boiled Raymond Chandler kind of thing but with a woman as the PI is a neat twist. I LOVE the dialog.

I've also read several of your Lauren Laurano novels & like them, too.