Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not Yet

Thursday is no day to start a novel.  Those of you who’ve been keeping up with me know that I never start anything except on a Monday.  It was foolish to think I could begin this past Monday.  I think in the week after the holidays it’s hard to leap into action.

So, this coming Monday I’ll try my gimmick and see how it goes.  There’s a touch of excitement to it.  I’ve never tried anything like this before and it’s always exciting to do something new.

Anybody else ever kick-started themselves with a trick like I have in mind?

 

 

1 comment:

Richard said...

how about this, sandra. a crime writer is stuck for an idea for her 21st novel. she tries putting the words from a bunch of film noir titles into a hat, but that doesn't work. so she hits upon another idea. "hey, i'm a crime writer," she says, "why don't i go out and commit a crime? you know, just to see what it's like." so she does that. her first crime is just stealing a tube of toothpaste from the local duane-reade. but it gives her a kind of thrill. so she does another crime. and another. and they escalate. before long, she's robbing banks. the police get interested in her. but she uses all the knowledge she's accumulated over the years as a crime writer to thwart them. and ... and ... well, sumpin like that.