Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Up Steam

It was a fallow week.  For one reason or another I didn’t write anything further than Chapter Six.  Most of my reasons were legitimate and some days I simply didn’t want to write.  I don’t have any sense of guilt about this as I would in the past.  This is because I’m not writing this book for anyone other than me.

At this moment I intend to go back to writing on Monday.  Who knows?  I feel I want to but that could change.  If I wait too long I’ll have to read the whole damn thing (60 pages) because I won’t remember what I’ve already written.

I know I have to make a list of the characters because I don’t remember all the names.  Does everyone have to do this?

So, I’m set to hit the keys on Monday.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think my attempts at novels are underpopulated. I;m counting the people in this try and I get under 20 and that includes everyone. The first try had only about ten, believe it or not. Except for corpses, that is.
It goes back to the short story thing when I learned that more than three or four characters was too many. So I just tripled it for a novel. Unconsciously at least.

Laura K. Curtis said...

I don't have to make a list, though I do occasionally have to go back and check on the names of minor characters if they've been "offstage" for a while.

word verification: tedlypoo. Now there's a name I wouldn't forget.