Tuesday, April 04, 2006

PW Review

I got my first review for Too Darn Hot today.  At least I think it’s my first.  There’s always Kirkus.  Usually that comes first.  But this review is a bit early this year, so who knows?

Is it good?  Yes.  I’m very pleased.  I just looked at this blog at this time last year and I was still writing the first draft.  One of my characters had done something I hadn’t expected.

I knew last week that this PW review was coming and then I kept forgetting about it.  This is new for me.  Last year I didn’t know when it was coming so I can’t compare.  I can only compare to early and middle days of being a published writer.  I’d be very anxious and then if it was bad I’d go to bed for the day.  Or week.

God, I’m glad I’ve grown older and maybe wiser.

4 comments:

Martha O'Connor said...

Congrats on the review, Sandra! :o)

Sandra Scoppettone said...

Thank you, Martha.

Sandra Scoppettone said...

And thank you, Chuck, for telling me a review is coming.

Unknown said...

Huge congrats, Sandra. Nothing like a high-five from place like PW.