Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting Close

I've started the process of putting ebooks up on Amazon.  As I said I found a scanning place that is reasonable. Three of the books are there now. I'm not sure when I'll get the scans back (in email) but it should be fairly soon.

I've chosen to have them scanned the destructive way. This means they will tear them apart and I won't get them back.  I didn't want to do this with my copies so I went on the Internet and found eight copies of the eight books I want to do this way. They were very cheap.

The first three are my Jack Early books.  They'll say on the covers by Sandra Scoppettone writing as Jack Early. And speaking of covers I'm not sure what to do about them. I need a designer who'll do it for experience or very little money.  So if you know anyone please let me know.

When I get the books back I'll have to proof them and that will take a bit of time.  This won't be like my failed attempt at typing them.  I don't think. I hope I won't start rewriting.

Once I do this I'll get help from my writer friend Consuelo Baehr http://www.setthiswriterfree.blogspot.com/ how to publish.  I feel lucky that I have a mentor!

At this moment I'm looking forward to the process.  Ask me in a week or two.

I guess this blog will now be an account of doing the Ebook Rag!

3 comments:

Tim said...

The Suzuki Beane book recently featured on Boing-Boing would make an insanely great Kindle book! Please consider putting it on Amazon, just in the format featured.

Sandra Scoppettone said...

I don't know anything about it being featured on Boing Boing. Can you lead me there?

I can't imagine that Suzuki Beane would work on Kindle as it's all illustrations.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Can't wait.