Sunday, October 31, 2010

Naturally This Would Happen

The next day after my post below I started reading the Amazon instructions to turn my book into an ebook. What? I couldn’t understand them. So I tried the instructions for Smashwords. Same thing. I know I’m not stupid. But here’s the thing: I was coming down with a cold. You know how you can’t think with a cold? That’s what happened. And the cold kept getting worse and worse each day. Today is the first day I can write anything or do anything on my computer. I’m not about to try the instructions until I feel a lot better. This is the nice thing about doing ebooks. I have no deadline.

I’ll be getting back to it soon and if I still can’t understand the instructions I have a friend who has put up 5 or 6 ebooks and she’ll kindly walk me through the process. I’m anxious to get this going.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Sorry you've been sick! Be waiting to read them.

Paul D Brazill said...

Hope you're feeling better.
I'm a technophobe so I don't relish your ebook task!

Cap'n Bob said...

I got my book posted, but can't find a way to check on it.

Patty G. Henderson said...

Sandra,

I hope you will get better real soon. Those nasty colds can really hang on.....

Getting your wonderful books into Kindle eBooks via Amazon isn't too terribly complicated. Once I got the rights back to my Brenda Strange books, I re-issued them all as Kindle eBooks on Amazon, complete with new covers. Many authors are doing just that.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. If you want new covers, I've designed many new covers for authors for their eBook editions.

Oh, and it really is wonderful to be able to check and track all your sales and royalty figures daily, right at your fingertips. It's kind of like the checking the stock market!

Sandra Scoppettone said...

Patty Henderson...please send me your email. Mine is
sandrasc@optonline.net