Thursday, March 05, 2009

How It's Going

I now have three completed chapters.  I have no idea if they’re good or not.  I don’t look back, unless I’ve forgotten a name, etc.

The interesting thing to me is that while writing chapter three I completely changed who was going to do what in the future.  Suddenly my new thoughts made so much more sense.

Since I only know a few things about this book sometimes I get stuck.  Don’t tell me to write an outline. I get unstuck eventually.  It might take some time but it’s more interesting this way.

Again, I’m not being rigid about my time schedule and everything feels better for me right now.

2 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Hi Sandra,

I am so glad that you are feeling better about your writing. I hope it continues to go well for you.

Terrie

Picks by Pat said...

That's good news! I also make changes as I go along, even though I use an outline (they're not for everyone, of course).

It can be a lot of fun to seee where a character wants to go, and then follow them down that dark, rock-strewn trail...oops, I'm wandering. Back to the keyboard.